JETcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JETcraft

For the players.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Formatting Suggestion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Polafox

Polafox

Chat Formatting Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Chat Formatting Suggestion   Chat Formatting Suggestion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:24 pm

Idea Thought here would be a good place to make this suggestion...

People names in chat are VERY long, due to the rank, faction and world.
My name is currently:
]**Polatux Wasteland]<]Wood]Polafox> Blah blah random message
Which in my opinion is FAR to long, and clutters up chat a lot.

Some suggestions as to making the names shorter:
- Disable the MultiVerse world name prefix (under multiverse-core config). I don't think it's that important to see, as most players are in Wasteland.
- Have ranks simply colour your name, rather than being a whole separate tag. e.g. <Polafox> rather than ...<]Wood]Polafox>...
- Remove the faction admin and mod prefix (under factions conf.json "prefixAdmin" and "prefixMod"). Again, don't think it will be missed; if you really wanted to know if someone was the faction leader, you would use /f show <>.
- A simple chat plugin could be implemented to use a single colon, rather than '<name>'. e.g. Polafox: message rather than <Polafox> message
- Remove the need to rankup in the spawn maze, and have members be the default rank with NO rank tag (no [Member]).

In my opinion, a regular players name would read:
[Faction] Name: message for regular players
[Faction] Name: message for ranked players (everyone knows red is admin, and that's all that's important)
OR
[Faction] Rank Name: message

I don't expect all suggestions to be taken on board, but at least some would be nice to neaten up chat a little.

-Polafox Smile
Back to top Go down

Chat Formatting Suggestion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JETcraft :: Server Issues-
Jump to: